Advantages of robot over existing equipment
If we compare the robot with the equipment produced so far, then it has a lot of advantages, namely:
In terms of the human factor:
1. Saves a worker from intense, monotonous, tedious work. Eliminates the need for a worker with an edger to crawl on the knees next the walls while removing unsanded surfaces.
2. Increases labor productivity: it is several times higher, since the employee’s time is spent only on preparing for work, and the robot does it on its own. When processing the floor in a large room, one person can serve two robots at the same time.
3. Highly qualified workers are not required, since special skills are not required to use the robot, anyone can master it according to the instructions. While the use of conventional machines, especially the sander and edger, can only be done by a person who is predisposed to this work and who has received certain skills.
Significantly higher quality of work performed due to the following:
4. Perfectly precise control of the tool: deviation (+-) 1/16 inch (1.5mm) while using conventional machines deviates 1-2 inches (25-50mm).
5. Does not create a seam problem, because it makes sanding in wall-to-wall passes. When using conventional equipment, this is impossible, since one part of the room is first polished with it, and then the other. The joint between these sections is a defect.
6. Matches perfectly and smoothes the surface when additional sanding is done along the walls thanks to the invented flat sanding block. Doing this job with an existing edger on your knees and working “by eye” neither one nor the other can be achieved.
7. It performs better grinding where the wood fibers are at an angle to each other: the robot does this work with the help of an invented flat sander. The usual sander grabs the transverse fibers more intensively than the longitudinal ones.
8. More uniform distribution of varnish over the floor surface. This is achieved through the use of innovative technology. During normal “manual” work, the varnish is applied randomly, which cannot ensure a uniform coating.
9. The surface of the coating is smoother: there are no grooves from the applicator, since it is not used with the new technology.
10. There is no hair left from the applicator for the same reason. With the old technology, such a problem occurred, and the performer of the work warned the client that this would not be considered a defect.
11. Dust from grinding is practically absent. This is ensured by the original design of the sanding devices.
Saving materials and electricity.
12. The service life of the sanding belt is 1.5 times biger, since its length is 1.5 times longer than that of existing machines. In addition, it cleans better, as it bends twice with each turn.
13. Electricity consumption is 30% lower since using frequency conversion motor is more economical than using conventional single-phase motor.